On Friday 15 October 2021, the Arklow Clipper FS429 was delivered from Eemshaven by Ferus Smit Shipyard in Westerbroek following a successful trial run.
Eekels designed and fitted the complete electrical installation for the sixth ship in the series of ten new 5150 dwt vessels being built for Irish shipowner Arklow. The current Arklow "C" vessels are a continuation of the series of five Arklow "C" vessels delivered by Ferus Smit in 2016/17 and fitted by us.
The project includes the engineering, installation and commissioning of:
- 400V main and emergency switchboard
- Marpower automation system (MAS)
- Marpower frequency drive for the 275kW bow thruster
- 340kW shaft generator
- 400A Shore connection, cold ironing installation
- Navigation, wing and GMDSS units for the bridge
In addition to the full cabling and installation work for our and third-party equipment, Eekels provided fire alarm and lighting installation including all from cooker to.